Setup multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2
Multi Warehouse Inventory in Magento 2 allows you to easily setup several warehouses. Manage stock directly from the product grid. Use a clever algorithm to automatically select the best warehouse for delivery. This article will guide you through how to set up multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2. After this step by step guide, you will easily be able to:
– Make as many warehouses as you need.
– Manage and update Magento inventory using a grid.
– Reduce shipping expenses using a clever algorithm.
– Shipments may be created with a single click.
– Set up your own delivery methods and costs.
Configure General Settings:
To start the process of setting up multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2, please navigate to Stores > Configuration > Amasty Extensions > Advanced MSI to customize extension settings.
Module Enable – choose Yes to enable the extension.
Algorithm Settings for Minimal Delivery Cost
The plugin allows you to modify the source (warehouse) selection process. You may set the automated warehouse selection methodology that will be utilized when a product is assigned to several sources under this tab.
The module includes four source selection algorithms, including the default:
– ‘Source priority’ – chooses the best warehouse based on its priority in the stock assignment settings block.
– ‘Amasty Product Stock Availability’ – selects the supplier that has all order items in stock. It is beneficial if you do not want to split the order into multiple shipments from various sources.
– ‘Product Stock Distance by Amasty’ – chooses the warehouse closest to a consumer.
– ‘Combined Source Selection Algorithm’ is a completely unique bespoke algorithm that applies the three criteria listed above one by one until the ‘perfect match’ is identified.
When you choose one of the algorithms, it will be applied to the ordered products on the shipment creation page right away.
Criteria Prioritization for Combined Algorithm – Set the priority of each criteria using drag and drop.
Calculating Shipping Costs and Automatic Source Selection
Enable Automatic Source Selection – when configuring multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2, choose Yes to activate the selected algorithm as soon as a buyer submits an order. The warehouse for shipment will be automatically picked and provided to the consumer, along with shipping cost information. This option allows you to use shipping services (like UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL). The origin sources will be selected during order construction, and the shipping fees will be charged to the buyer directly on the checkout page. Shipping charges will be computed and reported for each source (warehouse) based on its address.
Manage all sources in a Grid
The physical locations where product inventory is controlled are referred to as sources. Warehouses, offline stores, distribution facilities, drop shippers, and other businesses can be included.
While configuring multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2, please navigate to the Manage Sources option in the admin panel to manage sources. Track your sources easily by code, name, and status. The module allows you to edit current sources and add new ones by clicking the “Add New Source” button.
Note: Sources cannot be deleted to avoid order data loss. Furthermore, the source code cannot be altered. However, you may block sources and change the associated information, such as location and contact information.
Create a New Source
To set up a new source for multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2, select the “Add New Source” option and provide all of the necessary warehouse information.
– In the Low Stock Notification and Shipment Email Notification sections, provide a suitable email address. As a result, you’ll receive reminders when an item should be dispatched from a certain warehouse and when an item is running low on stock.
– You may now attach goods to a source and change the quantity. To add new goods, click the Add Products to Source button. Edit the product quantity directly from the grid. Using filters, you can quickly find the goods you need. You may also set the low stock quantity here, and you will be notified when the product inventory exceeds this level.
– The plugin allows you to customize the delivery method options for each source. You can enter a custom amount or utilize the Shipping Provider Rate.
Note: If you choose the fixed cost shipping option, this set price will override all default shipping calculations for this source.
– After you are done setting up multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2, do not forget to save the source.
Link sources to Sales Channel
Stocks allow you to combine many sources and then connect them to sales channels and salable amounts. Each stock corresponds to your sales channels in terms of accessible stocks and salable volumes. The stock may be assigned to one or more sales channels and sources depending on the setup of your site. You may change the prioritization of sources used for shipping orders and by the Source Selection Algorithm via the stock.
– You begin with a Default Stock that is associated with the Default Source and your website, which is best suited for Single Source businesses. This stock may only be allocated to the Default Source. Multi-Source merchants generate unique inventories as needed for specific sources and websites. You can simply accomplish this with the assistance of our extension for Multi Warehouse Inventory in Magento 2.
– Please navigate to the Manage Stocks page to attach sources to stocks.
– Select a relevant stock and click the Edit button.
– In the Name section, enter a name for your stock.
– Please now navigate to the Sources tab and add sources to the stock. Drag and drop to easily adjust the priority of sources. The ‘Source priority’ method computes usage of the priority.
To summarize, you can manage inventories and assign products to sources from the product grid with multi warehouse inventory in Magento 2.