How to setup your blog in Magento 2
A blog is one of the best marketing tools, thus adding one to your Magento 2 website is a terrific idea. It assists you in creating a traffic source and a free location to advertise your store.
By starting a blog in Magento 2, you may increase client confidence and enhance their online experience. However, the blog feature is not available by default in Magento. In order to maintain a blog independently of a third-party platform, you must first install it on your account.
To create a blog in Magento 2, you can follow the steps listed below:
Navigate to CONTENT, and then go to BLOG > POST. Once there, press the button labeled ADD NEW POST.
STEP 2: Give it a TITLE and ENABLE POST.
STEP 3: Choose the CATEGORY to which you wish to add the blog post. In addition, by selecting the NEW CATEGORY button, you can quickly create new categories as well.
STEP 4: Post a blog entry in the CONTENT section.
STEP 5: Type in the SHORT CONTENT.
Only if it is absolutely different from the main material, may you enter SHORT CONTENT. The blog index page and post listings will show the short content.
However, stay informed that you have two additional options for configuring short content: In post list setup, the READ MORE TAG, and the DEFAULT SHORT CONTENT LENGTH.
Change the display settings for the blog in Magento 2.
- Upload a FEATURED IMAGE, select a FEATURED IMAGE ALT, and upload a featured list image (Blog+) together with an alternative for the FEATURED LIST IMAGE (Blog+). The last two options are only accessible for Blog Plus and Blog Extra.
- Enter the post’s PUBLISH DATE in the Publish Date column.
Note that the current date will be used if the publish date is not specified. You can schedule the posting of a blog post by selecting a future date.
- You can now set the AUTHOR of the blog in Magento 2.
Please take note that your admin user will be automatically assigned as the post’s author if you leave this field empty. You can construct an author page with the most recent articles and social media links if you use Blog Extra.
- Use TAGS to connect your blog in Magento 2. Blog tags can be made and assigned to store views.
- Choose whether to INCLUDE posts to the RECENT POSTS section.
- Determine whether the blog post’s comments will be ENABLED or DISABLED.
Add pictures to the BLOG POST MEDIA GALLERY, which will be shown at the bottom of the post page on the storefront.
You can configure SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION for a blog in Magento 2 using the following steps:
- Set the URL KEY for the article’s URL in step one. This field will be automatically generated if you leave it empty.
- Type your META TITLE, which shouldn’t be longer than 50–60 characters. The Post Title will be used if this field is left blank.
- Enter the META DESCRIPTION, which must not exceed 160 characters. The Short Content will be utilized if you don’t provide this field.
- If necessary, add META KEYWORDS. Please be aware that using Meta Keywords is not advised according to current SEO practices.
For your blog in Magento 2, you should also configure the OPEN GRAPH TAGS.
To make blog posts more appealing and clickable on social networking sites, use OG tags to create various titles, descriptions, and photos.
Select the WEBSITES on which you wish your blog to be published.
To automatically generate related products, define the RELATED PRODUCT RULES.
Please take note that only users of Blog Plus and Extra may be able to use this feature.
You can now go ahead and choose RELATED POSTS and PRODUCTS. They’ll appear on the article page.
It should be noted that you can set up every auto-related product and blog in Magento 2 to avoid manually adding them.
Set up the CUSTOM DESIGN UPDATE and Blog Post DESIGN.
- Select the Design’s LAYOUT and LAYOUT UPDATE XML.
- Select the DATE RANGE (from – to) for the application of a new design, and provide the NEW THEME, LAYOUT, and LAYOUT UPDATE XML.
To automatically post to Facebook, turn on the PUBLISH ON FACEBOOK option.
Remember to SAVE your blog in Magento 2 after you’re finished working on it.
Finally, go ahead and put up more blog post page elements and specify the design by going to the post view configurations.
For both user experience and SEO, having a blog on your website is an excellent decision. You can produce content that will greatly benefit your clients and address their queries. You must set up your blog in Magento 2 before you can begin writing your desired content.
Magento 2 doesn’t come with a blog by default. Therefore, you can have one of two choices: 1. you can either decide to link to a WordPress blog, or 2. you can choose to activate a blog extension for Magento 2. We have used Magefan as an example throughout this article to serve as a point of reference because it is known to be one of the best servers out there.
By following this easy tutorial, you should now be able to finish and upload your blog in Magento 2 without any problems. To learn more about Magento 2 and its many functions and shortcuts, you can <click here> and satisfy the IT geek in you!